Destroyed Cabin - This photo from previous blog post
We cleared all the overgrown trees and brush from the area. My husband did most of the clean up inside the building and knocked out the cinder blocks that needed removing from the front. Because of the original ceiling height, we added post and lattice to the top to raise the height. Then, my husband installed the treated beam and post himself. We then painted it inside and out a pale blue/gray color. It was amazing how much of the pink original color remained. At the time, we added pavers in front of the building for a seating area. We later had a concrete pad poured from the building to the pond. We also decided to add a fire pit. This was the perfect feature for our space. When our friends gather, everyone ends up cozy around the fire! Plus... roasted marshmallows have become a tradition here at the ponds.
Here are some shots of the project just after completion.
Notice the old screen door over the counter inside the kitchen! This was the original screen door that my dad built for the cabin. You can see it hanging from it's hinges in the previous destroyed cabin photo.If you have any COMMENTS OR questions, PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS BLOG. Please connect with me through Instagram and I'll be happy to reply.